Thursday, February 2, 2012

2-1-2012 An Invitation

I received an invitation this evening - an invitation to leave my comfort zone.  I was planning on running the next morning and planning on putting in a good effort, warm up , then 4 miles at whatever I could manage under 7:00 pace.   But, my friend Raj texted me and asked if I could run with him 3 @ 6:35.  That was not what I had in mind.  I might have ended up doing the last mile somewhere around that pace, if I was feeling good.  But to hit that pace early on and go the whole way, it's not what I thought I could do.

But, I accepted the challenge.  It's hard to leave your comfort zone on your own, but you've got to venture outside if you want to grow and expand and also if you don't want your comfort zone to shrink.

So, I was sent the invitation and I accepted it.

I'm grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment