Thursday, January 19, 2012

1-19-2012 Running Friends and hindsight

Running Friends
Today I'm thankful for my running friends.   They are easy to make since you start out with something in common.  Pretty much if it wasn't for running friends I would not have any friends or very many friends.  It's mostly just meeting up with other people who like to run.  But every now and then when you haven't seen someone for a while you get a text or an email saying "hey, what's up, how have you been, miss you" or something like that.  It's nice to know you are remembered.

It's also nice when you find out that you made someone's day by being there for them or encouraging them to do something they didn't think they had in them.

Hindsight
Now, I think hindsight gets a bad rap, and you hear things about how it's "always 20/20", which I don't think is true.  Sometimes you look back at things in a new light, a more objective and calmer light and things make sense.  I'm grateful for those moments of clarity that hindsight can bring.    Then, just like history, you have to learn it and learn from it so as not to do be doomed to repeat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment