Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Backfill and Why this Blog

This is a very simple blog to list each day one thing I am grateful for.  This blog was inspired by my old high school friend Dan Weber (who we sometimes called Grateful Dan, a big dead head at the time).  I saw him posting these on Facebook.

So, since today is the 10th, I will cover from Jan 1 - 10th today and then try to do one post a day, unless I can't get internet access, then ASAP.

January 1st - I'm grateful for the start of a new year and sleeping in a little bit.  I count it as sleeping in even if I wake up early as long as I don't get out of bed and can fall asleep a little bit.

January 2nd - Check in for the cruise went pretty smoothly, I'm grateful that I remembered to bring everything we needed.  The agent even complimented us on having our stuff together.

January 3rd - Grateful for treadmills.  Some people call these "dreadmills" but I don't mind running on them and can sometimes be nice.

January 4th -Grateful that all the tours we were interested in were not filled up.  I was supposed to sign up for zip lining in Belize but waited too long.  Some of the other tours had restrictions which Thomas was too young for.  Fortunately cave tubing was still available.

January 5th - Grateful for nice weather for the cave tubing trip.

January 6th - Grateful for spectacular sunsets on the beach
Sunset in Cozumel


January 7th - Grateful for DVD players.  Watched the last Lord of the Rings movie today.  The DVD player in the state room was a great way to pass the down time.

Sammy Pick Up
January 8th - Grateful for safely arriving home from the trip.  Disembarking was very smooth, walked right off the ship at 7:46 (grateful for Jenny signing us up for expedited disembarking, customs was a breeze and it took just a few minutes to get the car.  Very little traffic so the drive back was easy and I did not get lost this time finding my way to I-275.  Andy and I picked up Sammy from the kennel at 3:00 for the Sunday pick up hours:   
Most importantly grateful to be back home.

January 9th - Grateful for Jenny's boot camp

January 10th - Grateful for inspiring friends like Dan Weber

No comments:

Post a Comment