Tuesday, January 31, 2012

1-30-2012 Tap Water

There is so much to be grateful for tap water.  We take it for granted in that so many people in this world can't just go and turn on their tap for a glass of clean and safe to drink water.  Every now and then for various reasons, I'll go up to the tap with my glass in hand, flick up the faucet lever and expect my glass to be filled - but nothing happens.  Or perhaps, some water comes out but it has sort of a brownish color.  Hey? What happened to my clean, clear water that I expect? I'm entitled to it and I even sometimes complain when that's all there is to drink.

When the water does not come out of the tap it kind of gives you that surprised feeling like when the milk carton is empty but you think it's full - you kind of sweep it off the table with no resistance.  Or it's like that feeling when you flick the light switch but the light doesn't come on (I'll save that for another day).

So, today I'm grateful for tap water.

No comments:

Post a Comment