Wednesday, February 1, 2012

1-31-2012 A Push From Behind

Push from behind - also sometimes known as a good kick in the rear

I was running yesterday morning and it wasn't going so well.  I was finishing up and had slowed down with a mentality of just finishing the run.  Sometimes running slower can be enjoyable but if you are running slow because you weren't enjoying the run then it's not so good.
One of the faster girls in the group came up behind me and startled me because I wasn't expecting her (because I had also cut my run short so thought no one was near me), and I was also listening to music.  I decided to follow her in, but she told me to run in front of her so she could push herself faster trying to catch up.   So, I did.  I went faster and she picked up her pace to try and catch me.

It changed the run from so-so just get it done to something much better.
So, today I was grateful for a push from behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment