Tuesday, July 10, 2012

7-1-2012 Yes, We take Pets

As usual, there were many things to be grateful about, and what I'm about to write may in some ways seem to be the least of them, but at the time I immediately thought of the grateful blog.

I had been driving for about 12 hours with my two boys and one dog, had just narrowly missed a severe thunderstorm and I was having some doubts on how well things would work out.  I had done a little bit of research and knew that Choice hotel group was generally known to be pet friendly.   There was a Sleep Inn coming up in a few miles, then a couple more Choice hotels 8 miles after that.  I figured we would stop at this first one and if they were full or did not take dogs, then go down the road or ask them to call.

But, no extra miles were necessary.  The hotel was nice, reasonably priced, took dogs, had free breakfast and a nice field in back to walk the dogs.  Cable and internet were out but that actually worked out nicely since we had other things to do like read, talk to each other, and look at old home videos on my laptop.

I think this was the part of the trip were I knew that things would work out, when the lady at the desk said "yes, we take pets", and I decided I would write about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment