Sunday, September 16, 2012

9-16-2012 Sunday Morning Waffles

The house was quiet this morning, the week is winding down with a new week and new challenges starting tomorrow.

Time to get moving, time to do something to start the day and do something positive.

So, I made waffles.  And, I realized that it has been longer than I thought it had been.  I had been making pancakes on the weekends, using a recipe on an old scrap of paper.   But, the cookbooks I used to open to find a waffle recipe were not available, so maybe it has been a while or maybe I found a recipe on the internet.

I found a basic recipe on the internet but used buttermilk instead of milk.  It was a pretty big batch and the boys and I ate almost all of them except for two which I froze.  We had fresh grapes and pineapple on the side (I like to buy a pineapple now and then, leave it in the fruit basket for a few days then slice it up for fresh pineapple.  It's a nice decoration.  It's a symbol of welcoming, a reminder of Hawaii, and it reminds me of Spongebob).

So, the simple ingredients were transformed into something to start the day and something to be grateful about.

No comments:

Post a Comment