Friday, September 7, 2012

9-6-2012 Epiphanies while Running

I had been up most of the night, unable to sleep, trying to think of a solution to a problem that was stuck in my head.  I knew that figuring it out would require transcendence of some sorts because the problem itself was affecting my thoughts.

And it seemed almost to be trivial to do something to go for a run but I knew it would be good for me in many ways.

After three miles, the answer came to me and it was not what I expected and it was not even a direct answer to the problem, but it was better than that.

Who knows what causes it, perhaps all the extra blood pumping or maybe the redirecting of energy from where it shouldn't be (negative thoughts) to where it should be.

But, for whatever the reason it has helped me before, and I am truly grateful for it.  At this moment I am actually exceedingly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment