Friday, October 5, 2012

10-4-2012 Grateful to be Alive

For an instant, I thought there was a chance I might die.  Ok, that was the worst case scenario and I knew I had some time to get help, but still.  I grabbed a plum and took it back to my desk.  Took a bite out of it.  I don't think I lodged an actual piece of it in my throat, it might have just been the juice going down the wrong way.  But, I could feel it stuck and I went to take a deep breath but only made a gasping noise.  I did this several times and it just wasn't clearing out.  There was no one in the office next to me but there were others in the building.  I started to get out of my desk and was wondering if I could make it down the hallway in time.

Just as I was getting up, it finally cleared and I was able to start breathing again.

It seems like a silly way to go and I was probably no where close to dying, but not being able to get your breath like that really makes you think.

Another reminder that makes you feel grateful to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment