Thursday, May 3, 2012

4-28-2012 A Chance To Lead

I'm not often the one leading people out on new adventures or new experiences, I'm usually more of a one on one type of person in a supporting role.

But, today I had a chance to do something a little bit different.  99% of the people associated with the group I run with usually sticks to the main biking path in the park where we often run.  But, there is also a network of miles and miles of off road trails.  The paths are pretty wide and dry, often with good tree cover for shade.  There's some sections of very sandy stretches which can be a challenge to run on.



But, a lot of people are afraid to try these trails because of many unknowns.  The routes aren't well known, they think they need special equipment, special shoes, there will be too many bugs.  I used to think I'd have to run through a lot of swamp.

However, there is some pretty mild easy sections that don't require anything special other than to try it out.

So, I offered to take a couple of people on a stretch of trail.  The couple of people turned into about 8 people and everyone thoroughly enjoyed it.

I used to be one of those people, afraid to try those trails.  But, one day I went along with some other people, saw they were actually quite pleasant.

Today, it was my turn to lead some other people so they could see for themselves.

I was grateful for this chance to lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment