Saturday, May 12, 2012

5-5-2012 Things that Wait

Like a good number of boat owners, mine has gone unused for far too long.  It's the worst thing you can do for a boat unless perhaps if you are diligent about preparing it for storage.

Long overdue for taking action, which makes it harder and harder, I finally had to do something.

First stop was the trailer for the boat, sitting all by itself in the storage yard.  I had to make sure I had the wiring adapter, the code to the yard, the key for the trailer pad lock, the hitch itself, and I hoped the trailer was in towing shape.  I had checked it out about a year ago, but was still a bit worried.

But, somehow, there it was ready and waiting, still working.  Got in ok, hooked it up, lights worked, nothing was stuck and I was on my way.  I dropped it off at my parents place, all ready to take on the next step, which was to get the boat out of the water, onto the trailer and off to a repair shop.

It's nice when you go back to get something which has been sitting, and it's still there.

It's a small thing of course, but still nice.  I'm grateful for things that wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment