Saturday, May 12, 2012

5-4-2012 Spin racer

About 9 years ago almost (I think), I was on a business trip at a customer sight.  I had gotten little sleep and was stressed out trying to solve some problem.

My wife had gone out of town with the kids to go visit her sister.

While I was working on this problem, all of the sudden I had sort of this flushing feeling going up and down my left side, through my shoulder, down my arm.  I didn't know what was happening, I thought maybe a heart attack or a stroke.  I was able to calm down enough while at lunch and took some aspirin just in case.

This would be the start of over a year of worrying about my health which was made worse by a glitch during a stress test.

Anyway, I somehow made it home from the business trip (with the help of a few glasses of wine on the flight).

Jenny and the boys came home the next morning.

In the back bedroom upstairs we had this toy race car set up which had cars which were spring loaded.  You could release the cars on the track and they'd go through a couple of loops and turns.  A played with this toy set called spin racer with Andy, and somehow it made any problems I was having at the time temporarily disappear and it gave me a new outlook.

It did take a while to completely get the heart attack/stroke nonsense out of my head, but that morning with Andy and spin racer was the first moment when things seemed ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment