Saturday, May 12, 2012

5-6-2012 Kids that Grow Up

When I first moved down here, the guy at the office who helped hire me, took me out on his boat, along with his son.  It was a nice way to get to see the waters nearby.

After the boat ride,  my friend was getting his boat ready to be put away and I accidentally spilled his sons snack.  My friends son was so little then, he looked at me and said, "that's ok don't worry about it, it was just an accident."

Ok, maybe he didn't say those exact words but something like that.

So, today, there was my friend from work and his son, but now, this son who is no longer a little kid was there to help out.

We had to tow my boat to the boat ramp.  My friend drove his boat to tow mine, his son sat in my boat to steer it while being towed, and I drove my truck and trailer to the boat ramp.

Everything worked fine and my friends son did a great job.

Where was that little boy whose snack I spilled?

Sometimes people think it's said to see kids grow up.

But, sometimes you see it a different way and are grateful for kids that grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment