Friday, June 1, 2012

6-1-2012 Birds Chirping in the Morning


I know I've already done an entry for birds.

But, this morning, after I got up and was sitting down at my kitchen table (which I'm about to lose - although that is such a small problem) - I heard the birds chirping outside.  It was still dark out, just barely.

Almost everywhere I've been, I can remember at some point hearing birds chirping outside in the morning - Rochester, NY,  Athens, GA, Dallas, TX, here in Florida.  I guess everywhere except for when out at sea while in the Navy and on the cruise back in January.

Hearing the birds in the morning is a reminder that a new day is starting, that life goes on, and there is a life outside of your own.  There are things to listen to besides electronics and nature is just outside your door.  The birds are also reminding me that it will soon be light outside.

All this good stuff from just a few birds making some noise.


There!  Now I'm caught up. Ok, not really, but I thought I would try a new strategy.  Every time I was close to catching up I would then fall behind again.  So, now I am doing an entry for today and will do an entry every day from now on.

I might go back and fill some in, but for now I'm going to just say that I'm caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment