Monday, June 18, 2012

6-9-2012 Drum Lessons

So, my youngest one takes drum lessons, and sometimes I take him.  They go to a really cool place called Ramblin Rhodes.  There are lesson rooms off to the side and a good sized stage in the middle of the room.  When I'm sitting there waiting I always feel like I'm away from my usual life's ruts.  It somehow reminds me of high school and makes me think of how important it is to add different dimensions to one's life.  It also reminds me that there is more to life than whatever problems I might be going through - there is the sound of drums, and that's a pretty powerful sound.

If you ever need to feel a sound that goes through you and feels like a heartbeat, listen to some drums.

I'm grateful for those drum lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment