Monday, June 25, 2012

6-25-2012 Right Place at the Right Time

I went to go check on my parents house to make sure they didn't get flooded with all of the rain.  I got there and saw that things were fine, but also saw some people on the neighbors dock looking at the boat.  Next thing I know a woman was knocking on the front door asking for help.  They were the neighbors from two houses down checking on their neighbor who was out of town.

The boat had flooded and was about to sink.  It was very low in the water and the outlet to the pump was under water so that didn't do any good.

So, we attached a line to the boat and dragged it to my parents boat lift.  I turned on the power to the lift and we brought the sinking boat out of the water so it could drain.

I didn't think there was anything wrong at my parents place but I decided to check anyway.

I happened to be in the right place at the right time.  Not too long ago someone helped me out with my boat, so now I've repaid back a small piece of boat karma (I hope) because I was at the right place at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment