Wednesday, March 14, 2012

3-10-2012 The New Tree that Didn't Die

In the fall I had a large overgrown shrub from the front yard replaced with a nice looking laurel oak.  On the day it was planted, the roots from the old shrub broke the water pipes coming to the house, shutting off our water for a bit (which reminded me how grateful we should be for running tap water!)

Anyway, instructions when planted was to water it every day, which I pretty much did (although maybe I missed some days when I knew it had rained or I had the sprinklers on the lawn).

Well, recently it started looking pretty bare, with fewer and fewer leaves.  This was at a time when the live oaks in the backyard were really starting to green up.

But now, all those bare spots are filling in with tiny new leaves, making the tree look alive again.

For this I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment