Sunday, March 25, 2012

3-22-2012 Rainbows

I was driving home for work and coming up to the traffic light that I always have to wait at, anywhere from 4 to 8 minutes and sometimes 12 (4 minute cycle).  I was looking toward the east and saw a rainbow.  Makes being stuck in traffic not so bad.  Not only did I see a rainbow, but I was listening to music on the car stereo, I had recently loaded all of my music on the usb drive that plugs into it, and the song "Roy G. Biv" by They Might Be Giants came on.



 It's a song for kids singing about the colors of the rainbow and the mnemonic device for remember the colors.   Interesting coincidence (I also wondered if it really was, I mean all of what had to happen to have that song come on just as I was driving toward the rainbow).

 I also thought about the day we were driving home from the weekend vet after having to put our dog Chelsea to sleep and we saw a rainbow in the sky around this same spot.

It's funny how I, nor anyone else I know can't not appreciate a rainbow, it makes the moment feel special and memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment