Wednesday, April 11, 2012

3-31-2012 Helpful Retail Staff

I went into a big home improvement store to buy a light bulb for the kitchen.  I wanted to try a new LED bulb and had some questions. The guy at the store was so helpful and seemed to know everything there was to know about light bulbs.

But, the most important thing was that he didn't make me feel stupid, he seemed to enjoy his job and I walked away knowing a little bit more about what I had asked.

I used to work in a store a long time ago, selling plants, fertilizer, bird seed, dog food, and lots of other things.  People had questions, other people that worked at the store had answers, and there were books to consult and we had some training.  I learned a lot while working there and enjoyed helping people walk away with what they needed.

I try not to bother people too much when I shop, but when I need to ask something and someone really takes the time to help me out and treat me like a person, I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment