Thursday, April 12, 2012

4-3-2012 Upgrades

There was a lot to be thankful for today, so it is hard to pick just one, so I'm sort of picking a random one.  Today was day one of a road trip with my two boys.  I took two days off from work.  My kids were off school and my wife was going to be working mon-wed with an overnight trip planned for them on thu-fri when I'd be working and staying home with the dog.

So, today I was offered an upgrade, and I took it.  Checked into a hotel, which was very nice.  I had signed up for an offer that said if they had available nicer rooms you could get them at a huge discount.  So, the hotel put us on the very top floor with a giant picture window looking out over Miami and access to the "club" room which had free drinks and food in the evening and for breakfast.

Many times in life, you stand in line, you get what you pay for.  That is fair and good and as it should be.  Sometimes, you don't quite get what you had hoped for or expected, and that's ok because it just happens that way sometimes.

Then, sometimes, out of the blue almost, it works out, and you end up with more than you hoped for, you get that room at the top floor.  Who knows if there would ever be a trip like this again.  Kids grow up fast and things change quickly.

But, every now and then, enjoy a little extra if the opportunity comes up, and be grateful for that, extremely grateful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment