Monday, April 16, 2012

4-8-2012 Easter - the Resurrection

This may be old news for a lot of people, but finally at age 45, after years of Catholic school education, and countless church services, Catholic and otherwise, this Easter Sunday it dawned on me how great Easter is.

I think the problem is the order in which they teach things.  By the time they get to the resurrection you've already learned about God and how Jesus is God and can walk on water, so of course he can rise from the dead (I know I'm kind of simplifying things here).

But, if you take it out of context and think about it, it's pretty amazing, some guy executed by crucifixion simply getting up a few days after dying.

It also made me think about the symbolism how sometimes what seems impossible and hopeless can suddenly just rise from the dead.

Not sure why it took so long for me to figure this out, but, better late than never.

Today, I was truly grateful for Easter and the story of the resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment