Monday, April 16, 2012

4-7-2012 Ice

There were so many things to be thankful for today.  I ran a 50 mile race and it got pretty hot out but I managed to survive and do pretty well despite not starting very smartly.

So, of all the things I could be grateful for, I'll pick ice.

I brought some ice with me to keep a few drinks cold in a small cooler.  The race passed by the starting area a few times.  At the start of the last loop I grabbed a few pieces of ice, some I put in my pocket and one I held in my hand to help cool me down.

I thought about how "cool" ice is, how it can keep things fresh and cool you down.  Ice was my friend today and it provided just enough comfort to keep me going.

So, on this kind of warm almost hot day when I needed cooling down, I was grateful for ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment