Tuesday, February 14, 2012

2-13-2012 Birds

I was driving to work, stopped at a traffic light and looked up and saw a flock of black birds on a telephone wire.  I thought about how birds are everywhere.  Except for people who are into bird watching, many people do not think much about birds.  They are everywhere.  Every part of the world.  In the city, the suburbs and out in the country.

I love the birds in Florida.  It is one of my favorite things here - the egrets, herons, osprey, eagles, hawks, vultures, little birds, ducks, pelicans, birds that live here and birds that are just visiting.

When people go out running on a trail here, they like to talk about what wildlife the saw - they say "I saw 2 deer, one of them was a buck with huge antlers" or, "I saw some wild boar", " a bobcat" , "I saw an alligator".  If all they saw were the birds they might not mention it. 

But, everyday we see birds.

They look free, they land where they please, then fly away someplace far away, who knows?

They are amazing.

Today I am grateful for birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment