Wednesday, February 22, 2012

2-20-2012 Fixing Things

Today, I fixed a burnt out backing up light in my truck (is that what it is really called? sounds kind of odd).

The concept and putting into practice of recognizing something that is broken, knowing how to fix it and then doing it.

Sometimes I can even do it myself.

Not everything can be fixed, but the things that can be fixed and should be fixed, I guess they must be fixed.  Sometimes things go too long being broken (like when I drove around for over a year and a half with a big crack in my windshield before getting it fixed, once I made the call, it was embarrassingly easy to have it done).

I'm grateful for the concept of fixing things and the result of fixing things and most grateful when I can fix it myself.  Although there is a lot to be said for knowing when to call in an expert and then finding that person.

Yes, today I'm grateful for fixing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment