Monday, February 27, 2012

2-25-2012 Airport Adventures

I've always loved airports for some reason (ok, there are some airports I don't love going to - but the concept of airports I love).

My brother was flying down for a business trip with an extra day beforehand to come and visit.  His flight was cancelled, and then switched to come into Tampa at 12:15 am instead of to Orlando.  So, I said I could pick him up.  The boys wanted to come, also.  I said ok.  We were all staying up late to wait to leave for the airport.  Then just after 11:00 I checked the flight status - delayed until 1:00 am. 
My youngest son - a sometimes surprising voice of reason said shouldn't we be getting sleep before kayaking tomorrow?  Yes, I was already thinking the same thing.  Sorry boys, I'd better go by myself this time.

I was tired when I got to the airport but had made a cup of coffee just before leaving the house.
My brother arrived a few minutes early (for the new late time), and we were home, and I was in bed before 2:00.

It's life, it's the stuff that happens, it can be tiring and upsetting or it can be something fun (although maybe not in a way you want to do every day!!).

I'm grateful for airport adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment