Thursday, February 23, 2012

2-22-2012 Pancakes

I am grateful for pancakes.

I've always liked pancakes and they are easy to make and there's a million variations of ingredients.  Once upon a time I was under the impression that there was something "magical" about the box of pancake mix, something that you couldn't do yourself (this is true in some ways if you wanted to use the exact same ingredients down to the last additive and preservative!).

But, fortunately, my wife broke me of that habit and set me straight (and btw, her pancake making skills have improved exponentially over the years!)

Last night when I got home from work I felt like having pancakes, so I started making up the batter.

Whoops! forgot to check to see if we had eggs.  No eggs, no problem, they were ok without them - not perfect but still ok.

Another type of pancakes I've enjoyed are "healthy" ones from Body For Life - they contain eggs, oatmeal, and cottage cheese instead of flour and the usual stuff.

Of course, there are also pancakes you get out at  a restaurant like Cracker Barrel or Perkins.

There have been some diners here and there that I've stopped at for some great pancakes.   There was a diner near University of Rochester called "Pat and Sandy's" which had great pancakes.  They also served pancakes in the snack bar inside the Commons, they were good and cheap - only $0.85  (but that was circa 1988).

Yes, definitely grateful for pancakes - especially since they go well with syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment