Monday, February 27, 2012

2-26-2012 Road Trips

Yesterday's main activity was supposed to be kayaking.  Instead, it ended up being more about spending time in the front of my truck with four other people - my brother Jim, my Dad, and number one and two sons.

It had sort of a road trip feel.  It was either raining or threatening rain.  We stopped in Weeki Wachee spur of the moment because I remembered they had kayak rentals there and the river is crystal clear - but we were too late.

Onto Homosassa Springs to the kayak rental place - but it was too rainy.

Then over to Homosassa Springs park entrance, followed by a short drive to the other entrance.

We spent a couple hours there then headed home (about another hour drive), and the skies cleared and temps warmed up as we approached home.

I thought about other road trips - like the time we had to drive to Miami to get a last minute passport - it was our first and so far only trip there.  Both sons loved that trip.  Again, it is the journey and enjoying the stuff that happens between the two points and the time spent together.

I am grateful for road trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment