Wednesday, February 8, 2012

2-7-2012 Backyard camping

A number of years ago, my brother was coming out to visit.  He thought it would be fun to go camping down at Fort De Soto with the kids.  So, I bought a tent and some camping gear.  We had a lot of fun and it was one of those things I would have thought about but probably not gotten around to it.

One weekend, sometime later, I thought it would be fun to set up the tent in the back yard for some back yard camping.  We did this a couple of times when I was growing up that I can remember.

We've now done backyard camping a bunch of times, and it's something that Thomas especially looks forward to and asks for.  Sammy (the dog) absolutely loves the tent more so than the other dogs did.

It's such a simple thing to do, so little planning and it makes it worthwhile that I bought a tent which was pretty much only used once (although someday hope to use it again even if just at one of the very close local parks like Starkey).

So, today I'm grateful for backyard camping.

No comments:

Post a Comment