Tuesday, February 21, 2012

2-18-2012 Endurance

There was a lot of things to be grateful for today, but in keeping with the theme I'm only going to pick one.

I ran 100 km today, or just over 62 miles.  The furthest I had ever run during training was a little over 32 miles.  It took a lot of faith to keep on moving.

I had to try and find out how deep the well was, how much endurance was there.  I fortunately did not find the bottom even though it felt like I almost did at one point.

It was inspiring to see the 100 mile racers continuing on - it put my distance into perspective.

Endurance didn't let me down.

There have been other times in my life when I have called on endurance - like months at a time at sea while in the navy, driving a car 24 hours straight, staying up all night with a sick kid, or getting through some other bad times which seemed like they had no end in sight.

It takes faith to keep going.  But endurance is like putting the faith into practice.  It's all sorts of things.  I won't pretend to understand it all, or be able to define it for everyone.

So, I'll just be grateful for it.  Today I'm grateful for endurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment